If you’re an avid camper then you’ll know how stuffy a tent can become in warm weather. Even though tent ventilation is much improved with modern designs. Once that sun is high in the sky, a tent is much like a building, it can benefit from the wonders of air conditioning.
The 5 Best Selling Tent Air Conditioners:
- ❆【 Portable Air Conditioner 】This personal air conditioner is built to create...
- ❆【 Three-In-One 】This portable air conditioner can be used as a humidifier or...
- ❆【 Energy Saving 】This personal air conditioner has three speeds which could...
- ❆【 7 Color Mood Light 】Our air conditioner fan displays 7 color LED mood lights...
- 【180 Degree Auto Oscillation】Differ from other static air conditioners, this mini...
- 【5000mAh Rechargeable Battery】5000mAh built-in rechargeable battery provides max...
- 【Adjustable Airflow and Cooling Level】3 different levels for wind speed and...
- 【Versatile & Easy Operation】In addition to serving as air cooler, this personal...
- 【Multi Function & Low Noise】LISOPO personal air conditioner fan Grey & White has...
- 【Portable & Rechargeable】LISOPO portable air conditioner fan is a truly wireless...
- 【Big Capacity & 7 Color Night Lights】300ml large capacity water tank integrated...
- 【Humanized & Safety Design】LISOPO desk air conditioner fan has three fan speeds...
- AIR COOLER: The Arctic Air Ultra is a portable air conditioner that cools, humidifies...
- QUIET & PORTABLE: The lightweight & whisper-quiet fan plus soothing night light make...
- EFFICIENT COOLING: Hydro-chill technology pulls in hot air through an evaporative...
- AS SEEN ON TV: Explore our variety of fun & helpful products for everyday life...
- QUIET & POWERFUL - Our 8,000 BTU compact air conditioner (16.5 x 11.5 x 26 in,) will...
- PERFECT FOR SMALL ROOMS - This floor-standing portable AC unit provides steady, fast,...
- SIMPLE & QUICK TO INSTALL – Just wheel this portable air conditioner into any room...
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN – The simple remote control & top-mounted LED display with...
- The 5 Best Selling Tent Air Conditioners:
- The 5 Best Tent Air Conditioners:
- 1. Zero Breeze Z19-B Portable Air Conditioner for Camping
- 2. MIDEA MPF08CR81-E Portable Air Conditioner
- 3. Whynter ARC-14S Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- 4. GreatSSLY Mini Portable Humidifier Air Conditioner
- 5. Coleman CPX 6 Lighted Tent Fan with Stand
- Tent Air Conditioner FAQs
We’ve reviewed the five of the best tent air conditioners. This should help you to consider which is best for your next camping vacation. It might seem a little excessive, using an air conditioner for a tent, but portable air conditioners are ideal for this job.
For some, you might need an electric hook-up. Or, you may prefer to use a camping air conditioner that runs on batteries. Modern portable air conditioning units are manufactured with much more power than they used to have. Yet, they are also much smaller and more lightweight. When standalone, they are often on wheels, for easy maneuverability.
Why ruin your vacation with excessive heat in your tent? All you need to do is take along a portable air conditioning unit. Make your air fresher inside your tent, so you can enjoy the entire vacation, no matter how hot it gets.
The 5 Best Tent Air Conditioners:
A pioneering outdoor portable air conditioner. This is the upgraded model from the original Z19.
Functions at its best in a 4-man tent of approx. 50sq ft in size, and zipped up. Note though that it can also be used out of the tent and in the open air, but not as good. Whilst it is waterproof, best not to use it in the pouring rain!
This is a tent air conditioner that not only has a built-in micro rotary compressor, but it has many other great features too:
- USB charger
- Air conditioner.
- A fan.
- Bluetooth, including a music player.
- LED red night light.
- Low noise 55-65dB
Because it’s so lightweight, and about a fifth of the size of a standard air conditioning unit, this makes it very mobile. It’s also very easy to set up and use. Put the drain and exhaust hoses in place, then insert the power cord and you’re good to go.
How do you power this amazing camping tent air conditioner?
That’s easy too because you have a couple of choices in doing this. Either plug into a wall socket or run it from your 12V car battery. This model doesn’t come with its own battery, but Zero Breeze is bringing out a portable lithium generator. It will complement this model well.
With an easy to use control panel and an instructions manual, you also have access to an excellent customer service line, should you need it.
What’s in the package?
- Blue Z19 model air conditioner.
- Power adapter.
- Power cord.
- Flexible adapter for the hose.
- Drain hose (19-inches) so you won’t suffer condensation.
- Exhaust hose.
That’s everything you need to get started. Plus, a one-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
This model doesn’t have a thermostat or timer so you will need to switch it off manually. Nor will it work from a car cigarette lighter. Though it does have a provided cord to fuel it from your car battery.
Although we’re looking at the 8,000btu model, the Midea comes in may sizes. Some also have WIFI ability, although not this model. The unit we’re reviewing works in a space up to 100sq-ft. When using whilst camping, you would need electrics as this portable air conditioner works using a regular plug. There are no batteries to run this unit.
Why does an air conditioner have WIFI? Well, our model doesn’t, but it means that you can set your air conditioning via your WIFI, using an app.
With an easy to understand digital control panel, you can use the timer to switch everything on. From the dehumidifier to the air conditioner. Or, set off one of the 3-speeds for the fan-only function. Run it while you sleep as it’s quiet enough at 51.6-53.5dB, or set the eco mode so it switches off while you sleep.
It has a warning light to alert you to clean out the filters, so nothing gets blocked. Use the lengthy 59″hose to drain out the water that’s inside the unit, by situating it to run outside.
Once you’ve set your desired temperature, your space will quickly be cooled. With a long 75″ electric cord, you can maneuver this portable dehumidifier by its wheels to situate anywhere. The temperature can be set by the remote, wherever you are sitting.
Your unit will take up floor space but remember, it is portable and on wheels, so it’s ideal for camping. It also comes with a 1-year warranty on parts and labor.
An Award-Winning model that won Good Housekeeping 2019, because of its ability to cool an area fast. Again, no battery operation as this model runs by plugging into the regular electricity supply of 115V. Cools up 500sq.ft with a low noise level of around 56dB.
For the dehumidifier, use the dual hoses. One intake the air and the other dispels the water through the exhaust hoses (extendable up to 60” long). This unit can intake up to 101-pints of water in a day.
Use the air conditioner to cool, or one of the 3-settings on the fan. It also improves the quality of air with the washable filters. Set the unit with the 24-hr timer if preferred. Once the set air temperature is reached, the thermostat automatically switches off the cooling functions. Though, the fan continues to move the air around your space.
The platinum and black design lend a sleek look to this portable air conditioning unit. Breathe in the filtered air whilst on your vacation and simply use the hosing facility to drain excess water to go outside of your living space.
It’s the mini size that makes this portable humidifying air conditioner perfect for camping. Plug it into the electrics and either use the standalone fan – with 3-speeds or the humidifier to moisten dry air, or the low noise air conditioning.
But that’s not all this amazing machine can do!
Turn on the 7-color LED lighting for a soft ambiance. Choose a single color, or have it change through colors. The light can be switched off while the other functions continue.
Humidify, cool and freshen the air around you. Use this unit either on the inside of a small tent or sit it on a desk at home so it gets plenty of use. This is a truly portable unit that you can carry around anywhere.
All you need to do is fill the water tray for a cooling experience that lasts up to 2-hours before it needs refilling. The evaporative air cooler works best with ice in the water bowl. As it pulls in the outside warm air, this passes through the cold water and blows out a much cooler airflow.
Putting ice in the 400ml water tray also speeds up the cooling air conditioning process. Though you don’t need ice for the cooling effect, you can use tap water.
Allow the release of a fine water spray when using the humidifier, so your skin doesn’t dry up on hot-dry summer days. This is a unit that increases humidity, not decreases it. Using the fan without the water tray gives circulation of the warm air around you.
Works with a regular 120V plug and cannot run from a battery or a USB port. Easy to clean out, as moisture and minerals can build up inside.
Did you know that you can place essential oils in the water? This gives you perfumed air as you benefit from the health effects of the oils.
Made with tents in mind. This battery-powered fan does not include batteries and requires 4xD batteries. Or use the rechargeable battery pack which can be purchased separately.
The fan has two different speeds. On the lower speed, the manufacturers claim it can last for up to 30 hours, and on the faster setting up to 10 hours. The fan blades are made from a soft foam, which makes it extra safe to run near children or pets.
It also includes an inbuilt LED light, situated in the center of the fan. The light has two modes, brighter for the daytime, or use the dimmer nightlight. You can use the light and the fan separately, or together.
Either use the fan with the small fold-out foot as freestanding or use the provided metal magnet to hang it inside your tent. It’s not quite an air cooler and will only move the air around as a standard fan does, but in a small space that’s often enough.
This product comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Many users have been delighted with the light and the fan functions. Though some users report that it’s not very stable freestanding, so you might be best to use the hanging mechanism.
Tent Air Conditioner FAQs
Outdoors camping can be so much fun. It would be a great shame not to do it because the weather’s too hot.
One way of cooling off at night time is to sleep outdoors in a hammock. You don’t need to worry about insects as we have that covered. Have a peek at our review on The Best Hammocks with Mosquito Nets.
Another way of keeping cool whilst camping is to take a larger tent and have plenty of room. There will be lots of space to use a portable air conditioner in one of the 5 best 12-person tents that we’ve reviewed.
The Outdoors Blog is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.